Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome to my Blog

Hello!
Welcome to my blog! It is now 3 weeks until I head to Canberra with World Vision for Operation Survive to Five. I will be in Canberra for 5 days, then early the next morning I fly to Ho Chi Minh City! My departure date is set for the 24 June. Leigh will be returning on the 25 July, but I won't be back until the 27th September!!

We have plenty of things planned, such as visiting the famous Angkor Wat temples, chilling on a boat down the Mekong, seeing rice fields at sunrise, volunteering in a slum, visiting an orphanage, taking innumerable photos in war museums in Vietnam, and visiting Khmer Krom temples in Vietnam. Then Leigh flies home, and Ill be working for Rose Charities in Takhmau, just outside of Phnom Penh. For those of you who are interested, I will be working here: http://www.rosecharities.net/first-rose.htm

At the moment I am flooded with visa applications, passport renewals, vaccination lists and other things on my 'to do' list.

My next blog will be in 3 weeks during Survive to Five so you can hear about the way the Team and I are lobbying to get the government to stick to its original commitments of 0.7% GNI to international aid and development by 2015. The Government made this commitment, now they should honor it. MAKEPOVERTYHISTORY :)

1 comment: